Sridevi Age, Death Cause, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Sridevi, originally named Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan, was an iconic Indian actress and producer renowned for her work in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada cinema. Born on August 13, 1963, she left a remarkable legacy in the film industry. Sridevi earned the esteemed title of being the first female superstar of Indian cinema, a testament to her exceptional talent and contributions. Throughout her illustrious career spanning five decades, Sridevi garnered widespread acclaim for her nuanced portrayals of women facing challenging circumstances. Her versatility shone through as she effortlessly transitioned between diverse genres, encompassing everything from slapstick comedy to heartfelt melodrama.
Sridevi, a legendary actress in the annals of Indian cinema, came into this world on the 13th of August in the year 1963. She was born in the picturesque village of Meenampatti, situated in the Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu. Her roots were firmly grounded in the cultural tapestry of South India. Her father, Ayyapan, was a respected lawyer by profession, contributing his legal expertise to society. On the other hand, her mother, Rajeshwari, dedicated herself to the role of a homemaker, nurturing the family’s well-being. The union of these two individuals created a nurturing and supportive environment for their children.
Tragically, Sridevi experienced profound personal loss during her illustrious career. In 1991, while she was in the midst of shooting for the film “Lamhe,” her father passed away, adding a layer of sorrow to her life. Five years later, in 1996, another wave of grief swept over her as she lost her mother. This poignant moment occurred in New York, marking a significant chapter in her life.
Sridevi’s illustrious journey in the world of cinema began at the tender age of 4 when she took her first steps into the limelight as a child actor. Her remarkable talent was evident from the start, and her early performances left an indelible mark on the film industry. In 1967, at the age of 4, Sridevi made her debut in the Tamil movie “Kandan Karunai.” This was just the beginning of her remarkable career. Subsequently, she portrayed the role of young Muruga in the film “Thunaivan,” showcasing her exceptional acting abilities.
- 1991 – “Order of Afghanistan” for Khuda Gawah
- 2013 – Padma Shri – India’s fourth-highest civilian award from the Government of India
- President Pranab Mukherjee presenting the Padma Shri Award to Sridevi, at an Investiture Ceremony, at Rashtrapati Bhavan, in New Delhi on 5 April 2013
- 1990 – Smita Patil Memorial Award for her contribution to Indian Cinema
- 1997 – Kalasaraswathi Award by the government of Andhra Pradesh
- 2003 – Lachchu Maharaj Award
- 2003 – Vamsee International Award for her contribution to Indian Cinema
- 2003 – MAMI Award in Contribution to Indian Cinema
- 2008 – FICCI “Living Legend in Entertainment Award”
- 2009 – Special Honour at 33rd Cairo International Film Festival for Contribution to Hindi Cinema
- 2013 – Honoured by the government of Kerala for her contribution to Cinema
- 2013 – Ranked #4 among Bollywood’s female actresses and was placed #10 in the overall list in a UK poll celebrating 100 years of Indian cinema ‘100 Greatest Bollywood Stars’ published by the British Asian weekly newspaper ‘Eastern Eye’
- 2013 – Voted ‘India’s Greatest Actress of All Time’ in CNN-IBN Poll
- 2013 – President of India ‘Medallion of Honour’ for contribution to 100 Years of Indian Cinema
- 2014 – Inspiring Icon Award from Sathyabama University, Chennai
- 2018 – Asian Award for Contribution to Cinema
- 2018 – 71st Cannes International Film Festival Titan Reginald F. Lewis Icon Award
- 2018 – Outstanding Achievement in Cinema at The Asian Awards
- 2019 – ANR National Award for 2018
- 2023 – Google Doodle released for her 60th birth anniversary
Also Check: Rachitha Mahalakshmi
|Body Measurements||Waist: 28
|Birth Place||Meenampatti Sivakasi Tamil Nadu India|
|Children||Son: Arjun Kapoor
Daughters: Jhanvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor, Anshula Kapoor
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Height In CM||168 CM|
|Height In Meter||1.68 M|
|Parents||Father: Ayyapan Yanger
Mother: Rajeswari Yange
|Siblings||Sister: Late Latha
Brothers: Anand, Satish
|Spous||First Husband: Mithun Chakraborty
Second Husband: Boney Kapoor
If you have any question, please write below.